How’s your website performing on search engine right now? Any changes or weird results?
Google has confirmed that they released another Panda algorithm update – the 20th update and named to be Panda 20. This Panda update is fairly major impacts of about 2.4% of English search queries in the web and still rolling out.
Friday afternoon of 27th, where said to be the date Panda 20 was released Google announce that aside from English search queries there will be an exact match domain update as well that removed the chances of a low-quality exact match domain from ranking in Google. Therefore, any businesses or website owners with non-exact match domain site owners noticed their rankings dropped including on minor targeted keywords.
Google then confirmed that there is a pushed out from Panda algorithm update that it is not just about data refresh but an entire algorithm update. This is why algorithm affects about just 2.4% od English queries but have to be added on a degree that a regular user is utilizing the phrase or the website.
There is more updates to come in the next 3-4 days base on Matt Cutts sent about the update:
Google began rolling out a new update of Panda on Thursday, 9/27. This is actually a Panda algorithm update, not just a data update. A lot of the most-visible differences went live Thursday 9/27, but the full rollout is baking into our index and that process will continue for another 3-4 days or so. This update affects about 2.4% of English queries to a degree that a regular user might notice, with a smaller impact in other languages (0.5% in French and Spanish, for example).
The sad part is that there are a lot of sites getting affected to this Panda update, good for those who have their search engine marketing who have the knowledge and skills to keep up with any search engine algorithm update.
Take note that it is hard to cover up when your website is hurt due to the online competition. You will have to invest again for another search engine marketing for your website and not just search engine marketing, you will get to involve with social media campaign as well.
Take a look on how Google Updates their algorithm for Panda regularly since last year and this year:
- Panda Update 1.0, Feb. 24, 2011 (11.8% of queries; announced; English in US only)
- Panda Update 2.0, April 11, 2011 (2% of queries; announced; rolled out in English internationally)
- Panda Update 2.1, May 10, 2011 (no change given; confirmed, not announced)
- Panda Update 2.2, June 16, 2011 (no change given; confirmed, not announced)
- Panda Update 2.3, July 23, 2011 (no change given; confirmed, not announced)
- Panda Update 2.4, Aug. 12, 2011 (6-9% of queries in many non-English languages; announced)
- Panda Update 2.5, Sept. 28, 2011 (no change given; confirmed, not announced)
- Panda Update 3.0, Oct. 19, 2011 (about 2% of queries; belatedly confirmed)
- Panda Update 3.1, Nov. 18, 2011: (less than 1% of queries; announced)
10. Panda Update 3.2, Jan. 18, 2012 (no change given; confirmed, not announced)
11. Panda Update 3.3, Feb. 27, 2012 (no change given; announced)
12. Panda Update 3.4, March 23, 2012 (about 1.6% of queries impacted; announced)
13. Panda Update 3.5, April 19, 2012 (no change given; belatedly revealed)
14. Panda Update 3.6, April 27, 2012: (no change given; confirmed; first update within days of another)
15. Panda Update 3.7, June 9, 2012: (1% of queries; belatedly announced)
16. Panda Update 3.8, June 25, 2012: (about 1% of queries; announced)
17. Panda Update 3.9, July 24, 2012:(about 1% of queries; announced)
18. Panda Update 3.91, Aug. 20, 2012: (about 1% of queries; belatedly announced)
19. Panda Update 3.92, Sept. 18, 2012: (less than 0.7% of queries; announced)